Friday, August 01, 2014
Immigration rules and proceduresSince April 1, 2014, new rules have been adopted regarding the maximum number of applications for a Certificat de sélection du Québec submitted by permanent workers, investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed workers that will be received by the Ministère. These new rules will be in effect from April 1, 2014 to March 31, 20151.
The rules pertaining to the maximum number of applications that will be received do not in any way reflect a change in Québec’s immigration objectives (in French, 219 Kb). By limiting the number of applications received, the Ministère will be able to process a greater number of pending applications thereby reducing processing times.
Maximum number of applications
by July 18, 2014*
||1750||(Consult the intake dates
for applications submitted
under this program)**
* Given the time required to open files, the number of applications received indicated in the table is an approximation. The data will be updated regularly.
** Your application can be submitted at any time up until March 31, 2015 if you have advanced intermediate knowledge of French demonstrated by a standardized test.
Maximum number of applicationsThe Ministère will receive a maximum of 6500 applications for a selection certificate under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. Applications received beyond this maximum limit will be returned to the candidates.
This maximum number of applications does not apply to you if:
- you submit an application under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec experience program);
- you have a valid employment offer in hand;
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada has informed you that it has agreed to process your application for permanent residence in Canada;
- you are a temporary resident and eligible to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.
Note that only the Ministère’s stamp will constitute proof of the date of receipt of your application.
Applications will be processed according to the following order of priority: